Head of Communications - The Reputations Agency
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send a CV and covering letter outlining their career achievements to date and ambitions for the future along with salary expectations for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For queries about the role, which will be dealt with in strict confidence, please contact Niamh Boyle, Managing Director, The Reputations Agency email@example.com.
Prospective candidates can also find out more about our company by visiting our website www.thereputationsagency.ie.
We would like to receive queries or applications right away from interested parties.
About The Reputations Agency
Launched in 2004, we are a strategic reputation, communications, and public relations agency, part of the WPP Wunderman Thompson Group of Agencies in Ireland and the Global WPP Wunderman Thompson Network and exclusive Irish associates to the global RepTrak Company.
We are a team of experienced strategic communications consultants. Everything we do has insight at its foundation and creativity at its core. Our annual Ireland RepTrak Index, Ireland Sustainability RepTrak Index and Social CEO Reports provide expert thought leadership on Reputation, Brand, Sustainability and Leadership to both our clients and our team.
Our agency is comprised of an experienced and motivated team who together share the agency’s values – progressive, brave, intelligent and pride in our craft – which allow us to be a valuable reputation and communications partner to our clients. We value intelligence and above all, we value the intelligence of our people.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with some of Ireland’s foremost organisations using bespoke proprietary reputation audit and strategic planning tools. We are proud of our client portfolio which includes AIB, An Post, Bank of Ireland, Barretstown, Bord na Móna, Coillte, daa, Edward Dillon, ESB, European Recycling Platform, Folk Wunderman Thompson, Horse Racing Ireland, .IE Domain, Irish Distillers and Lidl Ireland.
The type of person we hope to meet.
- A talented senior executive with a minimum of 15 years’ relevant experience who is seeking a new challenge.
- A highly engaged, inquisitive, energetic, and ambitious senior executive with the ability to bring their extensive experience to our agency and clients and to advise a portfolio of our senior and experienced clients.
- The ability to lead and develop a team of communications directors, account directors and executives.
- Appropriate experience to work closely with the CEOs, Directors, Senior Management, Communications, Sustainability, Marketing, Brand teams at our client companies, counselling them on their communications, reputation and sustainability strategies, crisis and issues management, corporate and consumer affairs, acting as an advisor at significant corporate and transactional moments, and always bringing excellent judgement and critical thinking to bear.
- Strong relationships with media in Ireland and a passion for current affairs
- It will be important to be based close to our clients who are primarily based in and around Dublin.
- The ability to create strong relationships with our clients, colleagues, media, sister WPP agencies and other stakeholders.
- Holds relevant third level qualifications and thrives on enhancing their knowledge and skills.
What we will offer
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the successful applicant will benefit from working with a dynamic and experienced team based at our prestigious Dublin city office location at Merrion Square, access to the latest Irish and global thought leadership and to our successful WPP sister agencies and the opportunity to work with a suite of blue-chip clients.
An attractive remuneration package will include a competitive salary, pension/PRSA contribution, a range of supportive healthcare benefits, education support and a personal training and development budget, as well as a meaningful incentive plan aligned to our company’s strategic objectives.
Head of Communications Division - Overall Responsibility
- Lead, manage and oversee client service on key clients on a day-to-day basis, ensuring the highest standards of delivery to our clients which follow international best practice within appropriate client budgets.
- Take, challenge, and interpret communication briefs at Senior Management and Board level.
- Develop an in-depth strategic understanding of our clients' communications objectives, advise clients at a high strategic level, and devise high quality and impactful communications plans and campaigns.
- Manage and develop key client relationships and accounts.
- Support and input to the strategic direction and continued growth of the company.
- Promote the company through high level networking and cultivate strategic relationships with key decision makers such as Irish and international businesses operating out of Ireland as well as relevant public and semi-state bodies.
- An important role in leading the preparation of proposals, quotations, and tender documentation.
- Cultivate strategic relationships with key media influencers and work closely with reporters, journalists, producers, and editors.
- Inspire, encourage, train, and integrate our more junior team members into the Communications Division Team as well as growing this resource at the agency.